Senior Community Manager
salary: DEPENDENT UPON EXPERIENCE
location: Watford, Uk
Application closing date: 31 May 2021
As the Senior Community Manager, reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will manage the Community program of activity across our product portfolio; including the recently launched WIRED LIVE platform. You will lead the community team in delivering the Wired brand with a focus on delivering follower growth, wishlist impact, content views and store sales.
Using your guru-like knowledge of our key social platforms, you’ll also lead our presence on Steam and help take our players on a journey from discovery to evangelism. You’ll be fully aware of the latest trends, but also able to think of the next trend and drive creativity, not just replicate. You’ll have excellent relationship skills and be comfortable in front a room of people presenting games, in addition to being on camera filming programs for Wired Live.
As a sales-driven leader, you’ll have the ROI in mind in everything you do, whether it’s spend or time; you’ll understand and be able to demonstrate how actions drive our community program and support our players.
How your role will look
- Lead the Community team and day-to-day running of the Community program
- Own all social media channels and calendars of content
- Create the topline planning and strategy for community around each title
- Monitor and create conversation on Steam, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, Reddit and Imgur daily
- Drive views, clicks, engagement and loyalty
- Create brand ambassadors and real connections with players
- Manage inbound (direct and indirect) reactions, feedback and learnings
- Act our Wired’s expert on live content across Twitch and YouTube
- Be the face of Wired at events around the world and demo products when needed
- Provide detailed feedback and update the business of sentiments and meaningful data
- Two years experience within the gaming industry, or have a successful channel or brand as a gaming influencer on Twitch or YouTube
- Excellent copyrighting skills
- Confidence and natural ability to host content on camera
- Excellent knowledge of the key social platforms, and full knowledge of Steam Communities and confidence in Reddit and Imgur.
- Good knowledge of HTML, or back-office tools for web and social media
- Ability to work within WordPress
- Abilities in all Adobe package software
- Passion for indie games