salary: Dependent upon experience
location: Watford, HQ
Application closing date: 28 February 2023
Wired looking for a passionate and talented Quality Assurance (QA) tester to work with our production and development teams in ensuring the range of Wired titles are always fun to play, and of a high quality. You will be responsible for assisting the QA Lead & in testing the product before release to market and subsequent updates so that the title is as close to a defect-free state as possible.
- Previous XP as a Quality Assurance position within the video/mobile games industry.
- Experience of PC and all consoles
- Knowledge of bug-tracking databases (Jira preferably).
- Familiar with both following and writing test plans & test cases.
- Awareness of the development cycle and key milestones.
- Strongly motivated to work within a small structured team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of defect/bug reporting.
- Organised, disciplined and methodical approach to testing.
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent English & communications skills.
- Strong team spirit.
- Pro-active approach to workload.
- Work effectively in completing assigned QA tasks; including test plan completion, feedback on features, investigative tasks, live-ops checks, ad hoc testing.
- Ensure that all bugs are recorded in an efficient, complete and informative manner.
- Respond to development team’s request in line with the project e.g. providing more information for bugs, balancing, build installation, validating bugs.
- Write and run test plans.
- Attend all relevant meetings including daily stand up.
- Track and provide qualitative and quantitative test data.