Discord & Steam Co-ordinator
salary: From £19k
location: Watford HQ. Hybrid-remote
Application closing date: 31 December 2022
Every job should be a dream one, but we like to think that this really could be a great entry role into the games industry for a passionate player. You’ll be tasked to simply live within platforms such as Discord and Steam, engaging with players, creating reports, tracking bugs, running closed betas and helping connect our developers and games with fans. The Wired HQ is based in Watford, but hybrid-remote positions will be considered for the right person to work from home, with some minor travel and office attendance needed.
An average day will see you joining the Community team on call to discuss over the timeline for each title we’re publishing, and then diving into Steam to catch and reply to the latest conversations, respond to reviews and check in on the various discords we have. You’ll need to know the communities we should be talking to, and proactively expand our audience by engaging external groups and sourcing new opportunities. Beyond Discord and Steam, you’ll also get involved in our other channels, from editing our fandom game wikis, to supporting our main social channels like Twitter, YouTube, Reddit and Imgur.
- Ensuring that all channels are kept up to date with the latest promotions and content as well as running in line with the overall social strategy
- Ensuring all Steam discussions, reviews or comments are replied to across our titles
- Setting up various Discord servers and ensuring they are safe, engaging and utilised to build real fandom
- Work closely with the wider community team to drive growth across all social channels
- Work with the product team to ensure campaigns are creatively implemented across social platforms
- Remain reactive to key events, national days, and media relevant to our audience
- Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly reporting on all social activity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good analytical skills, with experience of using data & insights to drive decisions
- Able to prioritise tasks and be organised whilst making decisions under time constraints
- A fantastic teammate who can also work autonomously.
- Very good experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word…) and Google Drive
- An expert in Discord and extremely familiar with Steam
- A passionate video gamer, and a fan of Wired!