salary: depending on experiance
location: Watford HQ. Hybrid-remote
Application closing date: 31 March 2023
Every job should be a dream one, but we like to think that this role is a great foothold in the games industry for a passionate player.
We are on the lookout for an enthusiastic and dynamic Community Manager to become a key figure within our gaming communities and propel our presence on social media platforms
Working within our Marketing department as part of the Community Management team you’ll be tasked to simply live within platforms with a firm focus on Reddit, Discord and Steam, engaging with players, creating reports, tracking bugs, running closed betas and helping connect our developers and games with fans. The Wired HQ is based in Watford, and our ideal candidate will be able to work from our offices, though a hybrid-remote would be considered for the right candidate.
An average day will see you brainstorming with the Community team, discussing timelines for each title we’re publishing, and diving into Steam or Reddit to catch and reply to the latest conversations. You’ll need to know the communities we should be talking to, and proactively expand our audience by engaging external groups and sourcing new opportunities. Beyond Discord, Reddit and Steam, you’ll also get involved in our other channels, from editing our fandom game wikis, to supporting our main social channels like Twitter, YouTube, Reddit and Imgur.
Ensuring that all channels are kept up to date with the latest promotions and content as well as running in line with the overall social strategy
- Updating and delivering various marketing, development and social information through forums, social media channels, blogs, website, and third party contacts
- Continuously looking for ways to engage and grow our games communities, specifically via Wired’s social and community channels
- Collating and curating community feedback throughout different beta/Early Access programs,
- Forging strong and trusted relationships with key evangelists and influencers of our gamers and of our gaming genres, and encouraging friendly, constructive interaction across our channels
- Working alongside Product Marketing and PR to ensure community initiatives are primed, timed and apt to our audiences
- Remain reactive to key events, national days, and media relevant to our audience, as well as running innovative campaigns, competitions and experiences across our social media and community channels.
- Create and manage processes to track and keep monitored each communication activation making sure our qualitative and quantitative objectives are always properly met.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good analytical skills, with experiance of using data & insights to drive decisions
- Able to prioritise tasks and be organised whilst making decisions under time constraints
- A fantastic teammate who can also work autonomously.
- Ability to manage the demands of numerous people and tasks
- Very good experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word…) and Google Drive
- An expert in Discord and extremely familiar with Reddit and Steam
- Ability to communicate detailed solutions to any problems encountered
- A passionate video gamer and a being fan of indie games help!