British Publisher’s portfolio broadens targeting increased growth
WATFORD, United Kingdom - October 2nd, 2018 - Wired Productions Ltd., a leading independent video games publisher is pleased to announce two further additions to its publishing portfolio, with Wordhunters from Manchester based thumbfood and Just Deal With It! By Super Punk Games, releasing prior the holiday season as part of the PlayLink™ range for PlayStation® 4.
Wordhunters will be released under a co-publishing, distribution deal which will see Wired take responsibility for retail distribution with thumbfood handling development and digital sales.
With the recently released Victor Vran: Overkill Edition and the upcoming Grip: Combat Racing releasing November 6th, this holiday season is set to be Wired Productions biggest yet, as it continues to grow an expand its offering internationally.
Leo Zullo, Managing Director, Wired Productions, said, “We’re delighted to be bringing more broad-reaching content to consumers as part of the PlayLink range for PlayStation®4 this holiday season, and our commitment to quality titles continues in earnest. With an incredible product pipeline for 2018, 2019 and beyond already confirmed, including The Town of Light for Nintendo Switch, and numerous unannounced titles in development, Wired Productions is moving forward with its growth strategy already achieving above expectations.”
He Continued, “We’re always looking for more partners in distribution as we double down on physical and digital storefronts and are working hard to ensure any gamer that wants to buy our products can do so on or offline in whichever medium they choose.”
Simon Smith, Managing Director, thumbfood commented, “thumbfood is excited to partner with Wired Productions to get our awesome family-friendly party game, Wordhunters, out to the biggest possible audience via physical retail distribution.”
“With ’Just Deal With It!’ we’ve come up with a whole new way to play the card games that everyone knows and loves. We’re really excited to get as many people playing the game as possible and so It will be great to see this on shelves at Christmas,” said Super Punk games CEO, Rik Alexander.
Wordhunters allows players to dive into a whole new world of competitive word games with your guide, Amy the Aviator. Fly around the globe to different cities, win rounds and claim letters from each location while blocking your opponents.
- 15 party word games suitable for the whole family!
- Take off to 20 global destinations from London to Tokyo and beyond!
- Play in front of famous landmarks including the Eiffel Tower, Sydney Opera House, and Empire State building!
- Drop-in / drop-out multiplayer for 2-6 Wordhunters!
- Easily change language within the game and practice your foreign vocabulary in French, Italian, German, and Spanish
Just Deal With It! delivers a whole new twist on five classic card games. Play Poker, Blackjack, Crazy Eights, Rummy and Hearts locally or on-line. Team up with friends and family, launch attacks, sabotage the competition, and go all in for the win, in this joyous card game party!
Just Deal With It! Features:
- Play five classic card games on mobile devices and your PS4™ with PlayLink™; Poker, Blackjack, Crazy Eights, Rummy and Hearts
- Team up and take down the competition or be cunning and take it all for yourself
- Play with 2 – 10 players, in the same room or on-line
- Team missions deliver a new layer to these classic games, collaborate with the rest of the team to complete missions within games
- Launch sabotage attacks on the enemy, from freezing them in ice, drowning them in goo and shrouding their hand in smoke and watch them scrabble to rub, tap or blow on their device to get back into the game
- Be the best, climb the leaderboards, and win the Big Huge Crown of Victory!
With ’Just Deal With It!’ we’ve come up with a whole new way to play the card games that everyone knows and loves. We’re really excited to get as many people playing the game as possible and so It will be great to see this on shelves at Christmas,” said Super Punk games CEO, Rik Alexander.
Wordhunters and Just Deal With It! Will be available at retail November 14th 2018 at £15.99 / €19.99 / $19.99 for PlayStation 4 as part of the PlayLink range.
About Wired Productions Ltd
Wired Productions, the team behind one of 2018’s most hotly anticipated titles, GRIP: Combat Racing, is a leading independent publisher of video games spanning a variety of genres, such as arcade, twin-stick shooters, action/adventures, role-playing, strategy and racing titles. Founded in Watford, UK, notable launches to date include Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn, Victor Vran: Overkill Edition, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, The Town of Light and Tiny Troopers Joint Ops.
For more information, or to join the Wired community, please visit:
Scott Fry | Gilberto Williams-Gamboa
ONE PR Studio (for Wired Productions in North America)
Gareth Williams | Tom Sargent
Little Big PR (for Wired Productions in Europe)