Do you want to get your foot in the games industry with one of the UK's leading independent publishers? Good news! We're recruiting two positions!
Both roles are located at the Wired Productions Head Quarters - based in sunny Watford. Here you'll work alongside a dedicated team of gamers and play an important role in some really cool, unannounced games, as well as supporting out current range of titles on the Xbox One, PS4 and Window PC!
Please contact us if you are interested in either role.
Graphic Designer Intern
Internship potentially leading to Part/full-time roll
We are looking to provide work experience shadowing a Senior Graphic Designer based in Watford. You will join the company as a Graphic Design Intern working with different members of the team to assist in the creation of a variety of internal and consumer facing graphical assets. Initially digital design, the experience/role will expand to cover print design and will help in developing experience as an in-house designer working to different briefs.
- Tasks you can expect to be responsible for include:
- Contribute to ideas for content to be used by the teams for both internal and external projects.
- Source assets for content e.g. imagery, copy, illustrations.
- Design infographics, banners and email newsletters (could be illustration based) for marketing campaigns.
- Potentially frontend web design e.g. homepages, content pages, layouts and UX design.
- As your experience increases there will be opportunity to get involved with more technically demanding design work.
- Your time will be spent shadowing and working with various teams within the business.
- What are the ideal intern's personality, skills and qualifications?
- Preferably educated in a design related subject.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with efficiency.
- Experience working with the latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud (CC), primarily Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator. Any experience with After Effects CC and Premiere Pro CC a real plus.
- Seeking to develop skills and a successful career as digital or graphic designer.
- Any prior design experience and / or portfolios of previous work done is useful.
- Comfortable working in small team environments.
- Attention to detail and sense of responsibility.
Public Relations Intern
Short Term Contract Role
Wired Productions, a leading independent producer and publisher and distributor of video games worldwide, is currently seeking a paid Intern for the UK office based in Watford. The program will run for a minimum of 10-12 weeks and candidates can expect to work between 30-40 hours a week. A longer term contract will also be considered after the internship has completed.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on, practical experience and learn the necessary skills to succeed in the interactive entertainment industry. Interns will learn about the multiple facets of public relations in a creative, dynamic and challenging environment. Discover the ins and outs of the video game industry and video game PR with a high-performance public relations team.
Roles and responsibilities for the position include:
· Perform administrative and clerical duties including research projects, media database management, inventory and product mailings
· Collect press clips and prepare coverage reports for distribution to internal partners
· Email and telephone contact with journalists and influencers regarding Wired products
· Prepare written materials including press releases, briefing books and newsletters under account staff supervision
· Provide logistics support for meetings and press events, including preparing media lists, booking media appointments, scheduling interviews and follow-up contact
- · Must be a team player and work well with the public relations team
- · Strong ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- · Must thrive in a fast-paced competitive environment
- · Quickly assimilate corporate administrative procedures
- · Familiarity with PC applications and public relations tools: Microsoft Office Suite for Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Vocus Media Database, etc.
- · Provide excellent writing and proofing skills
- · Strong work ethic and ability to own projects
- · Knowledge and interest in video game industry highly desired
- · Degree in communications, English, or marketing obtained or currently in progress
- · Must have the desire to work with innovative people in a fast-paced, creative environment